[ovirt-users] Error during additional hosted engine deployment

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 19:44:44 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 6:59 PM, Logan Kuhn <logank at wolfram.com> wrote:

> When I try to deploy a second hosted engine it errors out at Environment,
> items.  Full log attached.
>
> The host I'm deploying to is actually going to end up being our production
> instance of the image.  I've also tried to install it on a currently
> configured VM host with the exact same error message.
>
> Regards,
> Logan

Hi Logan,
could you please try with
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-4.0-pre/rpm/el7/noarch/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha-2.0.4-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
from 4.0.3 RC3?

Patch https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/63001/ should also address your issue.

In general with 4.0 I'd strongly suggest to deploy additional hosted-engine
hosts directly from the engine web admin instead of using
hosted-engine-setup also there.