[ovirt-users] Hosted engine disk moving to another storage volume

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 09:22:28 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:45 AM, NUNIN Roberto <Roberto.Nunin at comifar.it>
wrote:

> Hi
>

> We must move the hosted engine disk from the storage where it was
> installed, to another one, due to storage maintenance activities.
>
> Both current and future volume are hosted on FC storage.
>

> It is possible to perform this change without interrupting services ? it
> is a secure change ?
>

> Current setup:
>

> Four nodes Centos 7.2.1511
>
> Vdsm  4.18.9.1
>
> Libvirt 1.2.17.13
>
> KVM 2.3.0-31
>

> oVirtEngine 4.0.1.1-1.el7.centos.
>

> Thanks in advance sur any suggestion.

Honestly I never tested it so I'd suggest to properly try it on a test env,
but on FC we are not going to connect a storage server since the device are
already configured on the host.
So as you correctly move the whole storage domain on a different LUN, I'd
expect that ovirt-ha-agent and the engine will simply found the same
storage domain.
I don't think you can do it keeping the engine online.