[ovirt-users] Error during additional hosted engine deployment

Logan Kuhn logank at wolfram.com
Tue Sep 20 17:32:14 UTC 2016

Sorry, I guess I skipped a bit of that.

I did run hosted-engine --deploy and it failed while waiting for vdsm to respond and at that point I sent the original email because I wasn't quite certain if it was a supported to migrate from non-hosted engine to a hosted engine which seems to be possible now (thanks for that link). What I had done was leave that engine in place, try to install the hosted engine on a host already part of the original non-hosted engine configuration which seems to be a bad and somewhat futile path. It looks like the best option for me now if I choose to go to a hosted-engine is to use the migration instructions you sent and do that, leave it as it is or stand up a seperate cluster and start from scratch.

Regards,
Logan

---------------------

On Tue, Sep 20 , 2016 at 4:40 PM, Logan Kuhn < logank at wolfram.com > wrote:

| It's still running on a physical machine. I saw that article, is the way forward
| to migrate my physical engine to a hosted engine and then I can deploy more
| hosted engines?

In hosted-engine scenario, the engine is running on a VM hosted by one of the hosts it's managing.
The normal procedure is to run hosted-engine-setup on the first host and it will create a VM for you with the engine; hosted-engine-setup will also add that host to your engine when available.

For who deployed in the past we also have a migration procedure.

Now I don't understand if you still have to try to migrate to hosted-engine or if you tried it and something went bad.

Did you have ever tried to run 'hosted-engine --deploy' on one host?
Did it completed successfully?