[ovirt-users] 4-node oVirt with replica-3 gluster

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Fri Sep 23 10:44:12 UTC 2016

I'm struggling with the same problem (I say struggling because I'm still
having stability issues for what i consider a stable cluster) but you can:
- create a replica 3 engine gluster volume
- create replica 2 data, iso and export volumes

Deploy the hosted-engine on the first VM (with the engine volume) froom the
CLI, then log in Ovirt admin, enable gluster support, install *and deploy*
from the GUI host2 and host3 (where the engine bricks are) and then install
host4 without deploying. This should get you the 4 hosts online, but the
engine will run only on the first 3

> Dear all,
>
> I've tried to find a way to add a 4th oVirt-node to my existing
> 3-node setup with replica-3 gluster storage, but found no usable
> solution yet.
>
> From what I read, it's not wise to create a replica-4 gluster
> storage, because of bandwith overhead.
>
> Is there a safe way to do this and still have 4 equal oVirt nodes?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
>
> Bertjan

> ------------------
>
> De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en is
> uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onterecht
> ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en de afzender
> direct
> te informeren door het bericht te retourneren. Het Universitair Medisch
> Centrum Utrecht is een publiekrechtelijke rechtspersoon in de zin van de
> W.H.W.
> (Wet Hoger Onderwijs en Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek) en staat geregistreerd
> bij
> de Kamer van Koophandel voor Midden-Nederland onder nr. 30244197.
>
> Denk s.v.p aan het milieu voor u deze e-mail afdrukt.

> ------------------
>
> This message may contain confidential information and is intended
> exclusively
> for the addressee. If you receive this message unintentionally, please do
> not
> use the contents but notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.
> University
> Medical Center Utrecht is a legal person by public law and is registered at
> the Chamber of Commerce for Midden-Nederland under no. 30244197.

Davide Ferrari
Senior Systems Engineer