[ovirt-users] RHSA-2016-1756 - live migration issues

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Sun Sep 25 15:42:35 UTC 2016

Hi there.

several Redhat BZs are currently targeting a live migration error with current
qemu 2.3/2.6 versions. From my understanding BZ1359731 trie to fix a queue
overflow issue. With the patch in place qemu might abort randomly during
live migration. BZ1372763 provides info about additional patches to fix the
fix.

Can someone with deeper knowledge explain how seriously OVirt 4.0.4 with
qemu 2.3.0-31_2.21 is affected. Form my understanding it has the initial
(errorneous) but not the final fix. Also it does not get clear from the BZs how
often or how randomly the crash occurs.

Thanks in advance.

Markus