[ovirt-users] Windows VDI Licensing

Tom Gamull tgamull at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 12:16:27 UTC 2016

Technically you need VDA licenses but it is not enforced.  Licensing by Microsoft almost requires its own certification.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn645517(v=ws.11).aspx <https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn645517(v=ws.11).aspx>

Office will need a MAK key (multiple activation) you will need to “seal” your image and rearm the license.  If you rearm a certain amount of times, you’ll have to reinstall to reset it (so make sure you snapshot before office install/activation).  A KMS server works also but that involves setting up a MS server to give out the license keys.  The other alternative is to not care and let it nag you (especially if you are just doing a demo).

Tom