[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.0.x - hosted-engine was not starting properly

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 13:01:34 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Gervais de Montbrun <gervais at demontbrun.com
> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> The entropy was super low. Somewhere around 140. I installed and
> configured haveged.service to start at bootup, reverted my apache
> changes... After a reboot, my systemctl status still says that there are 7
> services queued (note that I erroneously said degraded in my previous email
> - the services are, in fact, queued), but the oVirt GUI comes up almost
> immediately and everything seems to be great.

Take care that using havaged on a VM should not be considered a good source
of entropy and the oVirt PKi is managed by the engine.
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/34523/is-it-
appropriate-to-use-haveged-as-a-source-of-entropy-on-virtual-machines

A better approach is the virtio-rng paravirtualised rng driver as for patch
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/62334/