[ovirt-users] ovirt 4.1 : Can't install guest tools for Zentyal 5.0 (based on ubuntu 16.04 xenial)

Tomáš Golembiovský tgolembi at redhat.com
Mon Aug 7 11:52:21 UTC 2017

On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 10:18:35 +0200
"yayo (j)" <jaganz at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Packages [5,800 B]
> Get:32 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports/universe i386
> Packages [5,800 B]
> Get:33 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports/universe
> Translation-en [3,004 B]
> Get:34 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/main
> Translation-en [138 kB]
> Get:35 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/restricted amd64
> Packages [7,420 B]
> Get:36 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/restricted i386
> Packages [7,420 B]
> Get:37 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/restricted
> Translation-en [2,428 B]
> Get:38 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/universe amd64
> Packages [152 kB]
> Get:39 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/universe i386
> Packages [135 kB]
> Get:40 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/universe
> Translation-en [77.9 kB]
> Get:41 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/multiverse amd64
> Packages [2,748 B]
> Get:42 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/multiverse i386
> Packages [2,908 B]
> Get:43 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/multiverse
> Translation-en [1,232 B]
> Fetched 27.2 MB in 7s (3,642 kB/s)
> Reading package lists... Done
>

> Now, try to install "python-apt":
>

> root at vmdczen01:~# apt-get install python-apt
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer
> required:
>   acl apache2-utils auth-client-config heimdal-clients krb5-config
> ldb-tools libapr1 libaprutil1 libassuan0 libauthen-krb5-easy-perl
> libdata-hexdumper-perl libfile-libmagic-perl libhdb9-heimdal
> libkadm5clnt7-heimdal
>   libkadm5srv8-heimdal libkafs0-heimdal libksba8 libldb1
> libmodule-pluggable-perl libnet-dns-perl libnet-ntp-perl libnpth0
> libnss-winbind libotp0-heimdal libpam-pwquality libpam-winbind
> libpwquality-common libpwquality1
>   libpython2.7 libquota-perl libreadline7 libsl0-heimdal
> libsys-filesystem-perl libtalloc2 libtdb1 libtevent0 libtirpc1 libuuid-perl
> libwbclient0 linux-headers-4.4.0-83 linux-headers-4.4.0-83-generic
>   linux-image-4.4.0-83-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-83-generic ntpdate
> python-crypto python-dnspython python-ldb python-samba python-talloc
> python-tdb quota rsync samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs
>   samba-vfs-modules tdb-tools update-inetd winbind zentyal-ntp
> Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
> Suggested packages:
>   python-apt-dbg python-apt-doc
> Recommended packages:
>   xz-utils
> *The following packages will be REMOVED:*
> *  apt apt-utils gnupg gnupg-agent libgpgme11 pinentry-curses

This is the problem!

I looked at the packages for conflict and figured the issue is in gnpug.
Zentyal repository contains gnupg version 2.1.15-1ubuntu6 which breaks
python-apt <= 1.1.0~beta4.

> samba-dsdb-modules ubuntu-minimal zentyal-samba*
>   python-apt
> WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
> This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
>   apt gnupg (due to apt)
> 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 9 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
> Need to get 139 kB of archives.
> After this operation, 8,747 kB disk space will be freed.
> *You are about to do something potentially harmful.*
> *To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'*
> * ?] n*
> Abort
>
> .
>

> And this is a BIG problem ... Can I open a bug ? Where?

Agreed.

Open a bug with Zentyal. They broke the packages from Ubuntu and should
fix it themselves. They have to backport newer version of python-apt.
The one from yakkety (1.1.0~beta5) should be good enough to fix the
problem.

In the bug report note that the ovirt-guest-agent from Ubuntu repository
cannot be installed. It is not only related to the package from the
private repo.

    Tomas

--
Tomáš Golembiovský <tgolembi at redhat.com>