[ovirt-users] Issues importing VM from Export Domain

Wesley Stewart wstewart3 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 04:24:36 UTC 2017

I was doing some testing and recently rebuilt my homelab using a Xeon-D
based board.  I did not have anything too important, so I thought this
would be a good chance to test re-importing my backups and seeing how well
it works.

I created a new export domain and copied all of my old VM's into this new
export domain.  But the problem is, the images are in a "Locked" state.
The console tells me:

Aug 13, 2017 11:59:38 PM
Failed to import Vm Clonezilla_Server_BACKUP_20170807_010018 to Data Center
OVIRT-Datacenter, Cluster OVIRT-Cluster
Aug 13, 2017 11:59:38 PM
VDSM command DeleteImageGroupVDS failed: Image does not exist in domain:
u'image=a5c8780e-3166-4801-b71a-1ef7d9b21783,
domain=35cd8fab-4347-4201-bf4e-4dcbde19fb0f'
Aug 13, 2017 11:59:37 PM
VDSM OVIRT-Host command HSMGetAllTasksStatusesVDS failed: low level Image
copy failed

This happens for all the VMs shown in the Export-Domain.

I also tried the unlock_entity.sh script, but I am having some postgres
access issues:

unlock_entity.sh -r -t vm -i Clonezilla_Server -s localhost
psql: FATAL:  no PostgreSQL user name specified in startup packet
FATAL: Cannot execute sql command: --file=./unlock_entity.sql

I thought I could just poke around the database by running:

psql -d engine -U postgres

But this also fails
psql: FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user "postgres"

Was just hoping someone had some suggestions.  I can't event delete
this VM!  Thanks!