[ovirt-users] oVirt and FreeNAS

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Wed Aug 16 10:03:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am 15.08.2017 um 13:35 schrieb Latchezar Filtchev:

> 1. Is it in production?

Not really, just for testing purposes to provide some kind of shared
storage for OVirt. I like FreeNAS, it's a very nice system but for
production we use a setup with distributed/mirrored storage that
tolerates the loss of a storage device or even a complete server room
(Datacore on FC infrastructure). I haven't tested OVirt with Datacore
yet, maybe I'll have time and hardware for this next year.

> 2. Can you share details about your FreeNAS installation - hardware
> used, RAM installed, Type of Disks - SATA, SAS, SSD, network cards
> used? Do you have SSD for ZIL/L2ARC? 3. The size of your data
> domain? Number of virtual machines? .

Nothing spectacular: HP microservers or white boxes with 16-32 GB ECC
Ram and 4-6 Sata disks (500GB - 2TB), 2x1 Gbit/s (Intel) for iSCSI. The
network is the limiting factor, no extra SSDs used/needed.

cu,
Uwe