[ovirt-users] Ovirtmgmt, webinterfaces and VLANs

Alexis HAUSER alexis.hauser at imt-atlantique.fr
Fri Aug 25 09:58:40 UTC 2017

Using self-hosted engine.
I thought about using several interfaces on the engine VM.

The reason why I want to do that : I would like the users accessing the web interface not to be on the same network that ovirt is using to communicate betweem hosts and engine.
But it would mean that 2 different FQDN are necessary, right ? I heard HA requires to access to the engine FQDN...

Do you have any idea how to solve this situation ?

Alexis

On 24 August 2017 at 15:39, Alexis HAUSER
<alexis.hauser at imt-atlantique.fr> wrote:

> In the way Ovirt is currently designed, is there a way to separate the
> following elements in different VLANs :
>
> 1) Communication betweem nodes (hypervisors) and engine (manager)
> 2) Access to webadmin interface
> 3) access to user web interface
>
> It seems that the following elements all rely on ovirtmgmt, right ?

Only #1. #2 and #3 could be changed AFAIK, depending on where and how
you run the engine (Fir e.g. if you run it on a separate host, you
could attach other interfaces with other VLANs to it).

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi