[ovirt-users] Migration from Proxmox

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 13:11:19 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Gabriel Stein <gabrielstein at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> well, I'm trying to migrate all my VMs from Proxmox to oVirt. Proxmox
> doesn't have libvirt and I can dump the files using vzdump <vm-id>
> <directory> and the output is a *.vma file I think from Proxmox. I can't
> even find the files, Proxmox create Logical Volumes for every VM.
>
> I converted that to *.qcow2 using qemu-img convert, the conversion
> worked(at least no errors) but I can't import it using  a script that I
> found on web* and the export storage domain(oVirt didn't found it).

If you already converted from LV to img file, in recent versions of oVirt
you can upload virtual disks from your client to the oVirt infrastructure,
while connected to the web admin gui with a browser.

Under disks --> upload:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DopgiOZ82Zc-W3IYGns1_QQ7JrFF_DUS/view?usp=sharing

Then you select your image on local disk (or share...):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16HBE6VnfO_P3xsqi_16ae4yHh__7G4FS/view?usp=sharing

NOTE: I don't know why you are asked to input the size of the disk at
destination....

Please note that you have to enable the Image I/O Proxy service on engine
during engine-setup (you can re-run engine-setup also to change
configuration settings if you didn't enabled it at installation time)

# engine-setup
[ INFO  ] Stage: Initializing
[ INFO  ] Stage: Environment setup
          Configuration files:
['/etc/ovirt-engine-setup.conf.d/10-packaging-jboss.conf',
'/etc/ovirt-engine-setup.conf.d/10-packaging.conf',
'/etc/ovirt-engine-setup.conf.d/20-setup-ovirt-post.conf']
          Log file:
/var/log/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt-engine-setup-20171114112028-cyi1ot.log
          Version: otopi-1.6.2 (otopi-1.6.2-1.el7.centos)
[ INFO  ] Stage: Environment packages setup
[ INFO  ] Stage: Programs detection
[ INFO  ] Stage: Environment setup
[ INFO  ] Stage: Environment customization

          --== PRODUCT OPTIONS ==--

. . .

          --== CONFIGURATION PREVIEW ==--

. . .

          Configure Image I/O Proxy               : True

. . .

and that the client where you run firefox needs to be able to connect to
port 54323 of the engine server to upload the file

On engine:

$ sudo systemctl status ovirt-imageio-proxy.service -l
● ovirt-imageio-proxy.service - oVirt ImageIO Proxy
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/ovirt-imageio-proxy.service;
enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2017-11-14 11:36:30 CET; 2 weeks 3
days ago
 Main PID: 664 (ovirt-imageio-p)
   CGroup: /system.slice/ovirt-imageio-proxy.service
           └─664 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/ovirt-imageio-proxy

Nov 14 11:36:29 engine.mydomain.it systemd[1]: Starting oVirt ImageIO
Proxy...
Nov 14 11:36:30 engine.mydomain.it systemd[1]: Started oVirt ImageIO Proxy.

Then you can create a VM and assign this imported floating disk to it.
HIH,
Gianluca