[ovirt-users] Migration from Proxmox

Gabriel Stein gabrielstein at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 15:53:53 UTC 2017

Well, now I have a new problem...

Uploading a qcow2 gets paused and I receive an error:

*Unable to upload image to disk 11112a70-4cbe-4612-a5e2-101717cb08a3 due to
a network error. Make sure ovirt-imageio-proxy service is installed and
configured, and ovirt-engine's certificate is registered as a valid CA in
the browser. The certificate can be fetched from
https://<engine_url>/ovirt-engine/services/pki-resource?resource=ca-certificate&format=X509-PEM-CA*

CA already added to browser, Self-Signed.

Logs:

*Dez 01 16:45:07 xxx ovirt-imageio-p[2295]: ovirt-imageio-proxy root ERROR
Failed communicating with vdsm-imaged: A Connection error occurred.*
*
Traceback (most recent call last):*
*                                                                      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_imageio_proxy/image_handler.py",
line 177, in make_imaged_request*
*
timeout=timeout, stream=stream)*
*                                                                      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 576, in send*
*                                                                        r
= adapter.send(request, **kwargs)*
*                                                                      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 415, in send*
*
raise ConnectionError(err, request=request)*
*
ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', error(113, 'No route to host'))*
*Dez 01 16:45:07 xxxx ovirt-imageio-p[2295]: ovirt-imageio-proxy web ERROR
1.1.1.1- PUT  503 215 (0.00s)*
*
Traceback (most recent call last):*
*                                                                      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_imageio_common/web.py", line 48, in
__call__*
*
resp = self.dispatch(request)*
*                                                                      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_imageio_common/web.py", line 73, in
dispatch*
*
return method(*match.groups())*
*                                                                      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_imageio_proxy/http_helper.py", line
88, in wrapper*
*
ret = func(self, *args)*
*                                                                      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_imageio_proxy/http_helper.py", line
59, in wrapper*
*
ret = func(self, *args)*
*                                                                      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_imageio_proxy/image_handler.py",
line 75, in put*
*
return self.send_data(self.request)*
*                                                                      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_imageio_proxy/image_handler.py",
line 116, in send_data*
*
request.method, imaged_url, headers, body, stream)*
*                                                                      File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt_imageio_proxy/image_handler.py",
line 187, in make_imaged_request*
*
raise exc.HTTPServiceUnavailable(s)*
*
HTTPServiceUnavailable: Failed communicating with vdsm-imaged: A Connection
error occurred.*

Question: I saw that there is a imageio-proxy and imageio-daemon. Proxy is
installed on hosted-engine, and imageio-daemon on host.

I installed imageio-daemon on hosted-engine(and I think that was a mistake)
but there isn't a vdsmcert.pem there, just on hosts with vdsm and
hosted-engine installed.

Ports are already on firewall, 54323/tcp right?

On Host:
# systemctl status ovirt-imageio-daemon
● ovirt-imageio-daemon.service - oVirt ImageIO Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/ovirt-imageio-daemon.service;
disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since So 2017-11-26 23:26:03 CET; 4 days ago
 Main PID: 21034 (ovirt-imageio-d)
   CGroup: /system.slice/ovirt-imageio-daemon.service
           └─21034 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/ovirt-imageio-daemon

Am I doing something wrong? Installation from hosted-engine and host are
quite normal, no custom stuff.

Thanks!

Gabriel Stein
Gabriel Ferraz Stein