[ovirt-users] Efficient networks API for external OVN provider

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Sat Dec 2 06:55:28 UTC 2017

On Dec 1, 2017 6:59 PM, "Roman Bolshakov" <roolebo at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

We're using for OVN provider for half a year and noticed a few performance
issues when networks are created programmatically:

1. Network listing on external provider takes around a second with ~1000
OVN networks on bare oVirt cluster (engine + 2 hosts) with no VMs

That's an issue? 1s for 1000 networks looks OK to me.

2. Network import from external provider takes around 1,6 second on the
cluster

Same?
Y.

3. External network provider API doesn't allow to query specific network by
name.
4. System networks don't have external id field. Without it we need to list
all external networks to delete one, which is slow due to #3.

In the end, we get a few seconds to delete/create an external network
end-to-end.

We're using oVirt 4.1.7. Which of the issues are going to be fixed in 4.2?

Thanks,
Roman