[ovirt-users] Efficient networks API for external OVN provider

Roman Bolshakov roolebo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 13:18:04 UTC 2017

Hi Yaniv,

It wouldn't be an issue if all actions (create an external network, import
it and assign to some oVirt clusters) would take less than a second. I
don't know if it's possible in oVirt 4.1.x or 4.2.x. When oVirt is used in
CI to provision VMs, every second matters.

OVN itself can create new logical switch in 16ms, when it has a thousand of
logical switches. It can also be queried very fast as OVSDB protocol allows
to request only one network.

Thanks,
Roman