[ovirt-users] Method to easily verify version of host

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Sat Dec 2 07:35:02 UTC 2017

Il 01 Dic 2017 10:41, "Gianluca Cecchi" <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

Hello,
currently in web admin gui one can easily verify the exact version of its
engine.
In my case I see

oVirt Engine Version: 4.1.7.6-1.el7.centos

Supposing you fully update your hosts with yum update at every upgrade you
do, ovirt-release41 package gives you exact release installed on your host.

But the same it seems doesn't happen for hypervisors.

Eg in my case I see that they are not aligned with my engine level because
of the "Update available" icon in side of them in Hosts tab and the related
event of type

"
Check for available updates on host ov300 was completed successfully with
message 'found updates for packages ... qemu-img-ev-2.9.0-16.el7_4.8.1 ...
vdsm-4.19.37-1.el7.centos ...
"

One can crosscheck vdsm version for each hypervisor, but it is suboptimal
if you have many hosts and it is not immediate to see the potentially
different levels of misalignment, in case you have many hosts...
Is there anything or do you think it worth's while to open an RFE for it?

Gianluca