[ovirt-users] Hossted Engine Setup Fails - Failed to execute stage 'Misc configuration': [Errno 1] Operation not permitted:

Jeremy Tourville Jeremy_Tourville at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 2 23:49:17 UTC 2017

The full on-screen message is:

Failed to execute stage 'Misc configuration': [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/var/run/vdsm/storage/a3964421-dc4a-45d9-ac24-3ce4e5972d1e/50178ece-273e-47fe-8083-be10923c0c74'
Hosted Engine deployment failed: this system is not reliable, please check the issue,fix and redeploy

I have tried deploying the self hosted engine using both the UI as well as CLI (even though not recommended) to see if there was any difference.  There was not, both methods fail with the same error message.

I was able however, to deploy the engine on a separate host and complete my setup.  This proved to me that there was nothing wrong with my NFS storage setup AFAIK.

It is my goal to have an all in one setup so the self hosted method would be my preferred solution.  I have attached a log for review:

https://pastebin.com/CfZzAm4P

<https://pastebin.com/CfZzAm4P>

Many thanks in advance for your assistance!
<https://pastebin.com/CfZzAm4P>

<https://pastebin.com/CfZzAm4P>

<https://pastebin.com/CfZzAm4P>

[https://pastebin.com/i/facebook.png]<https://pastebin.com/CfZzAm4P>