[ovirt-users] Best practice for iSCSI storage domains

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Thu Dec 7 10:51:15 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 9:10 AM, Richard Chan <richard at treeboxsolutions.com>
wrote:

> What is the best practice for iSCSI storage domains:
>
> Many small targets vs a few large targets?
>
> Specific example: if you wanted a 8TB storage domain would you prepare a
> single 8TB LUN or (for example) 8 x 1 TB LUNs.

There could be many reasons to use each type.
>From the top of my head I think that configuration wise it will be better
to configure more than one lun.
That can be helpful if you plan to use external LUN disks for example.

Multiple targets might also come useful if you plan to configure iSCSI
multipath in the future, that way you can choose only part of the targets
to apply the MPIO on.