[ovirt-users] Regarding Ovirt Installation

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Thu Dec 21 20:24:08 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Matteo Capuano <kapu.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Ruth John:
>

> *- if not can anyone please help me to install atleast on one to make me
> understand where am i doing the mistake.*
> I'm using oVirt on a OVH's dedicated server. The bare metal works as host
> and the engine is installed on a OVH's public cloud VM. I've also nested
> three other oVirts inside the host.
> Maybe i could help you , what's your issue? I'd put my money on OVH
> network configuration :)

In 4.2 we have a better OVN support which should definitively help there.
Why not write and share a small blog post with your oVirt on OVH hints?

> @Martin Sivak
>

> *- one of the new features of oVirt 4.2 is support for Replica 1 all in
> one setup using hosted engine and gluster in hyper-converged mode.*
> Interesting. Maybe I don't understand it because I'm a newbie but...what's
> the meaning of a replica 1 solution? I mean, if i have only one host
> where's the replica?

Of course no replica with replica 1, but you could start like that then add
other 2 hosts in the future and gain replica 3 just with a little
reconfiguration and probably also without any downtime.