[ovirt-users] Regarding Ovirt Installation

Matteo Capuano kapu.net at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 13:17:27 UTC 2017

Da: Simone Tiraboschi
Inviato: giovedì 21 dicembre 21:24
Oggetto: Re: [ovirt-users] Regarding Ovirt Installation
A: Matteo Capuano
Cc: Martin Sivak, ruth john, users

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Matteo Capuano <kapu.net at gmail.com<mailto:kapu.net at gmail.com>> wrote:
@Ruth John:

- if not can anyone please help me to install atleast on one to make me understand where am i doing the mistake.

I'm using oVirt on a OVH's dedicated server. The bare metal works as host and the engine is installed on a OVH's public cloud VM. I've also nested three other oVirts inside the host.
Maybe i could help you , what's your issue? I'd put my money on OVH network configuration :)

In 4.2 we have a better OVN support which should definitively help there.
Why not write and share a small blog post with your oVirt on OVH hints?

I'd be glad to do it!
Maybe i'll be able to use some spare time during the holydays.

@Martin Sivak

- one of the new features of oVirt 4.2 is support for Replica 1 all in one setup using hosted engine and gluster in hyper-converged mode.

Interesting. Maybe I don't understand it because I'm a newbie but...what's the meaning of a replica 1 solution? I mean, if i have only one host where's the replica?

Of course no replica with replica 1, but you could start like that then add other 2 hosts in the future and gain replica 3 just with a little reconfiguration and probably also without any downtime.

Cheer

Matteo