[ovirt-users] Turn on "Nested Virtualization" on the "hosted-engine"

Roman Drovalev drovalev at miac.kaluga.ru
Mon Dec 25 12:03:52 UTC 2017

>I'm not sure I understand the layering - hyper-V on oVirt or vice-versa?

the layering: oVirt host -> Hyper-V_VM on oVirt -> VM on Hyper-V_VM

CentOS based on linux kernel. I manual modified linux kernel parametrs.

oVirt-engine based on oVirt API. How to manually change the parameters
of ovirt-engine through API?

>In any case, I assume an additional host is needed, the host hosting
the Hosted-Engine VM cannot be changed with those parameters when the HE
is up.
>Y.

It's impossible, the second host is now - Hyper-V with working VM's.

25.12.2017 12:19, Yaniv Kaul

> On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Roman Drovalev
> <drovalev at miac.kaluga.ru <mailto:drovalev at miac.kaluga.ru>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks for the quick response.
>
>     >You probably need an additional host.
>
>     I'm migrating from Hyper-V at the moment there is no way to add a
>     second
>     host.
>

>     25.12.2017 10 <tel:25.12.2017%2010>:43, Yaniv Kaul пишет:
>     > What are you trying to achieve?
>
>     "Nested Virtualization" . I need run on Hyper-V one VM on the my oVirt
>

> I'm not sure I understand the layering - hyper-V on oVirt or vice-versa?
> In any case, I assume an additional host is needed, the host hosting
> the Hosted-Engine VM cannot be changed with those parameters when the
> HE is up.
> Y.

С уважением, Дровалев Роман
инженер ГБУЗ "МИАЦ",