[ovirt-users] Turn on "Nested Virtualization" on the "hosted-engine"

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Wed Dec 27 08:05:58 UTC 2017

> On 25 Dec 2017, at 13:03, Roman Drovalev <drovalev at miac.kaluga.ru> wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure I understand the layering - hyper-V on oVirt or vice-versa?
>
> the layering: oVirt host -> Hyper-V_VM on oVirt -> VM on Hyper-V_VM
>
> CentOS based on linux kernel. I manual modified linux kernel parametrs.

if you modified the kernel parameters already (which you did, as seen in screen shot your cmdline does have nested virt param) then there’s nothing else to do in the GUI, your host should support nested virtualization.
I’m not sure why do you need SR-IOV but that’s not going to work on top of hyperv