[ovirt-users] Get UU

Blaster blaster at 556nato.com
Sat Dec 30 05:54:25 UTC 2017

I need to create an old oVirt Windows VM.  The VM has an old licensed product that we can no longer get a licensed reissued for.  It looks like I need to feed back the original qemu UUID that was used when the VM was created.

I have an engine config backup and a backup of the oVirt storage domain.

I viewed the engine backup, but the format as-is doesn't give any obvious configuration details of the VMs at the time of the backup.  Is the UUID as obvious as the file name of the VM's boot volume UUID name?