[ovirt-users] Get UU

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Sat Dec 30 08:45:40 UTC 2017

On 30 Dec 2017, at 06:54, Blaster <blaster at 556nato.com> wrote:

I need to create an old oVirt Windows VM.  The VM has an old licensed
product that we can no longer get a licensed reissued for.  It looks like I
need to feed back the original qemu UUID that was used when the VM was
created.

I have an engine config backup and a backup of the oVirt storage domain.

I viewed the engine backup, but the format as-is doesn't give any obvious
configuration details of the VMs at the time of the backup.  Is the UUID as
obvious as the file name of the VM's boot volume UUID name?

The guest UUID is configurable per VM in Edit dialog, you can use a custom
value