[ovirt-users] Request for oVirt Ansible modules testing feedback

Jiří Sléžka jiri.slezka at slu.cz
Wed Feb 1 14:27:15 UTC 2017

Hi Ondra,

I am testing oVirt ansible modules and I am stucked in this simple
scenario. I would like to create a new vm with new bootable disk
attached to it.

I wrote this simple role for it

http://pastebin.com/XwwyCH4b

when I run it I got

$ ansible-playbook site.yml

PLAY [create ovirt vm]

TASK [setup]
ok: [localhost]

TASK [create_vm : ovirt_auth]
ok: [localhost]

TASK [create_vm : ovirt_disks]
changed: [localhost]

TASK [create_vm : ovirt_vms]
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg":
"Fault reason is \"Operation Failed\". Fault detail is \"[Cannot run VM
without at least one bootable disk.\nAlternatives:\n- Create a disk for
this VM, and rerun the VM.\n- Change the boot sequence using the Edit VM
command (Boot Option Sub-Tab).\n- Use the 'Run Once' command to select a
different boot option and rerun the VM.]\". HTTP response code is 409."}
	to retry, use: --limit
@/home/dron/#work/#cit/ovirt/ansible/ovirt/site.retry

PLAY RECAP
localhost                  : ok=3    changed=1    unreachable=0
failed=1

In the manager I can see the is disk successfully created, vm too, disk
is attached to vm but not activated.

When I activate it manually, I am able to run this vm.

Any ideas how can I achieve this via ansible?

Thanks in advance,

Jiri Slezka