[ovirt-users] Request for oVirt Ansible modules testing feedback

Ondra Machacek omachace at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 15:06:35 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Jiří Sléžka <jiri.slezka at slu.cz> wrote:
> Hi Ondra,
>

> I am testing oVirt ansible modules and I am stucked in this simple scenario.
> I would like to create a new vm with new bootable disk attached to it.
>
> I wrote this simple role for it
>
> http://pastebin.com/XwwyCH4b
>
> when I run it I got
>

> $ ansible-playbook site.yml
>
> PLAY [create ovirt vm]
>
> TASK [setup]
> ok: [localhost]
>
> TASK [create_vm : ovirt_auth]
> ok: [localhost]
>
> TASK [create_vm : ovirt_disks]
> changed: [localhost]
>
> TASK [create_vm : ovirt_vms]
> fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg":
> "Fault reason is \"Operation Failed\". Fault detail is \"[Cannot run VM
> without at least one bootable disk.\nAlternatives:\n- Create a disk for this
> VM, and rerun the VM.\n- Change the boot sequence using the Edit VM command
> (Boot Option Sub-Tab).\n- Use the 'Run Once' command to select a different
> boot option and rerun the VM.]\". HTTP response code is 409."}
>         to retry, use: --limit
> @/home/dron/#work/#cit/ovirt/ansible/ovirt/site.retry
>
> PLAY RECAP
> localhost                  : ok=3    changed=1    unreachable=0 failed=1
>

> In the manager I can see the is disk successfully created, vm too, disk is
> attached to vm but not activated.
>
> When I activate it manually, I am able to run this vm.
>
> Any ideas how can I achieve this via ansible?

Yes, this is bug which was fixed[1], but wasn't backported to 2.2.

But since you are using role you are good.
Just download lastest vms module[2] and put it into the library directory,
which you must create in your role, for example:

 $ mkdir roles/vm-create-role/library
 $ cd roles/vm-create-role/library
 $ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ansible/ansible-modules-extras/devel/cloud/ovirt/ovirt_vms.py

Then it should work OK, at least I think the modules in library has
higher priority.
If not then renaming that module should work, for example:

 $ mv ovirt_vms.py ovirt_vms_dev.py

and then use it as:

tasks:
  - name: Create vm
    ovirt_vms_dev:
      name: vm0

Btw. in ~month there should be Ansible 2.3 release, with has much more features,
and also will have this issue fixed.

[1] https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-extras/pull/3322
[2] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ansible/ansible-modules-extras/devel/cloud/ovirt/ovirt_vms.py