[ovirt-users] [Call for feedback] did you install/update to 4.1.0?

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Sat Feb 4 16:08:41 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Yura Poltoratskiy <yurapoltora at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've done an upgrade of ovirt-engine tomorrow. There were two problems.
>>
>> The first - packages from epel repo, solved by disable repo and downgrade
>> package to an existing version in ovirt-release40 repo (yes, there is info
>> in documentation about epel repo).
>>
>> The second (and it is not only for current version) - run the
>> engine-setup always not complete successfully because cat not start
>> ovirt-engine-notifier.service after upgrade, and the error in notifier is
>> that there is no MAIL_SERVER. Every time I am upgrading engine I have the
>> same error. Than I add MAIL_SERVER=127.0.0.1 to
>> /usr/share/ovirt-engine/services/ovirt-engine-notifier/ovirt-engine-notifier.conf
>> and start notifier without problem. Is it my mistake?

​Please never change anything in /usr/share/ovirt-engine, those files are
always overwritten during upgrade. If you need change any option in
ovirt-engine-notifier, please create new configuration file in
/etc/ovirt-engine/notifier/notifier.conf.d directory. For example if you
need to set MAIL_SERVER please create
/etc/ovirt-engine/notifier/notifier.conf.d/99-custom.conf with following
content:

  MAIL_SERVER=127.0.0.1

After saving the file please restart ovirt-engine-notifier service:

  systemctl restart ovirt-engine-notifier

> Adding Martin Perina, he may be able to assist you on this.
>

>> And one more question. In Events tab I can see "User vasya at internal
>> logged out.", but there are no message that 'vasya' logged in. Could
>> someone tell me how to debug this issue?

​Please share complete log to analyze this, but this user may be logged in
before upgrade and we just clean its session after upgrade.
​