[ovirt-users] [Call for feedback] did you install/update to 4.1.0?

cmc iucounu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:07:26 UTC 2017

Hi Sandro,

I upgraded my 2 host setup + engine (engine is currently on separate
hardware, but I plan to make it self-hosted), and it went like
clockwork. My engine + hosts were running 4.0.5 and 7.2, so after
installing 4.1 release, I did an OS update to 7.3 first, starting with
the engine, then ran engine-setup. I opted to do a 'yum upgrade' on
the the first host, which actually updated all the ovirt packages as
well and rebooted (I'm not sure this is an approved method, but it
worked fine). After the first host was back, I upgraded the second
host from the GUI, but then I ran a yum upgrade to update all the OS
stuff, such as the kernel, libc etc, and rebooted.

Many thanks for making the upgrade process so smooth!

Cheers,

Cam