[ovirt-users] iscsi or iser targets are not detached from the host in the maintenance mode

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 15:25:32 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Arman Khalatyan <arm2arm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> In ovirt 4.1 when I put the host into maintenance mode then the nfs mounts
> are unmounted as expected.
> but the hosts are still logged into the targets.
>
> Is it expected behavior?? If yes what is  the use of it?

No, if ovirt connected to the target, it should disconnect from the target.

Maybe you connected manually to the target before that?

A good test to verify this would be to do this in maintenance mode:

    iscsiadm -m node -o delete

Then activate and deactivate the host several times, and check that
no iscsi session are active when host enter maintenance.

> Another thing concerning to the permanently removed direct LUNs.
> They are still in the /var/lib/iscsi/nodes and /var/lib/iscsi/send_targets/*
> Would be good to cleanup the folders if users are removing permanently the
> LUNs.

We don't manage the LUNs - if you are removing the LUNs manually, and
the target providing this LUNs is not needed any more, you are responsible
for removing the nodes from iscsi database.

I don't think we are removing nodes and targets from a host, only updating
them when you connect to a server. We also don't have a way to remove
a target from engine database, so engine cannot ask vdsm to remove targets.

Nir