[ovirt-users] Troubles after resizing the iscsi storage.

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 21:07:41 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Arman Khalatyan <arm2arm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I just have 1TB iscsi  storage with virtual machine with  several disks.
> After shutdown the vm I just detached storage and removed from the cluster
> and ovirt totally.
> 1) Then on the target resized the exported volume to 13TB,
> 2) iscsiadm -m node -l on the host I resized
> iscsiadm -m node -l
> pvresize /dev/mapper/.....
> iscsiadm -m node -u
>
> After importing back to the ovirt over the gui, I can see the vm is in the
> import field but I cannot see separate disks
> Importing failing in the stage "Executing".

are there way to fix it?
> On the host with "lvs" I can see the disks are there.

Hi Arman,

You don't need to remove storage from ovirt to resize a LUN, and you don't
need
to resize the pv, we can do this for you.

To resize a LUN:

1. Resize the LUN on the storage server
2. Open the "manage domain", dialog
3. Select the LUN and click the "resize" button in the table
    (we should detect the new size and display button suggesting to add 11T)
4. Click "OK"

The system will make sure all hosts see the new size of the LUN, and then
it will resize the PV for you, and update engine database with the new LUN
size.

Now, in your case, we don't have any information about the issue, but if
you restart vdsm on the SPM host your issue may be resolved.

If not, please attach engine and vdsm logs.

Nir