[ovirt-users] Recognize HE iSCSI volume size change

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Fri Feb 24 14:00:33 UTC 2017

I'm testing upgrading an oVirt 3.5 setup, and I have run into a problem
when going from 3.5 to 3.6 on a physical machine configured for the
hosted engine.  I upgraded the engine itself okay, but when I upgraded
the first physical machine, it cannot be re-activated; it gets an error
connecting to the storage domain.

Checking the logs, it looks like it is looping trying to create a new LV
in the HE VG.  I assume this is for moving the HE config to the shared
storage?  It is failing because it is trying to create a 1G LV, but the
VG only has 512M free space.

I extended the iSCSI volume, but there doesn't appear to be anyway to
get the HE nodes to recognize this; they both still see the original
size, no matter what I try.  Is there a way to get them to see the
larger PV, so the new LV(s) can be created?

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>