[ovirt-users] Recognize HE iSCSI volume size change

Adam Litke alitke at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 14:50:22 UTC 2017

Hi Chris.  We added this feature to newer versions of oVirt (see the
feature page[1]).  The easiest way to work around this problem might be to
add an additional LUN to this domain if you are able to do it.  If not, it
looks like you would need to manually reconnect the host to the domain, to
a pvresize to the new size.  I am not sure if any engine DB updates will
also be required.  Nir and Fred worked on this feature and might be able to
assist you further.

[1]
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/lun-resize/

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net> wrote:

> I'm testing upgrading an oVirt 3.5 setup, and I have run into a problem
> when going from 3.5 to 3.6 on a physical machine configured for the
> hosted engine.  I upgraded the engine itself okay, but when I upgraded
> the first physical machine, it cannot be re-activated; it gets an error
> connecting to the storage domain.
>
> Checking the logs, it looks like it is looping trying to create a new LV
> in the HE VG.  I assume this is for moving the HE config to the shared
> storage?  It is failing because it is trying to create a 1G LV, but the
> VG only has 512M free space.
>
> I extended the iSCSI volume, but there doesn't appear to be anyway to
> get the HE nodes to recognize this; they both still see the original
> size, no matter what I try.  Is there a way to get them to see the
> larger PV, so the new LV(s) can be created?
>
> --
> Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>

Adam Litke