[ovirt-users] 3.5->3.6 did not import hosted engine storage domain

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Fri Feb 24 19:24:57 UTC 2017

So, on to my next upgrade issue (sorry for all the questions and thanks
for everybody's help)...  I upgraded my test cluster from 3.5 to 3.6
(latest version of each, all on CentOS 7 except the engine on CentOS 6).
Now I'm working on the next step, upgrading to 4.0 and migrating the HE
to the appliance.

When I went from 3.5 to 3.6, I ended up with an fhanswers.conf in the
shared storage that only contained "None"; I fixed that based on some
mailing list messages (but just mentioning it in case it could be
related).

My problem is that the hosted engine storage domain did not get imported
into the engine DB, so I can't proceed with "hosted-engine
--upgrade-appliance".  I didn't see any errors, so I'm not sure how that
happened.  I'm also not sure how to fix that.

Suggestions?
--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>