[ovirt-users] Issue with OVN/OVS and mandatory ovirtmgmt network

Sverker Abrahamsson sverker at abrahamsson.com
Mon Jan 2 12:40:14 UTC 2017

Got it to work now by following the env8 example in OVN tutorial, where
a port is added with type l2gateway. Not sure how that is different from
the localnet variant, but didn't suceed in getting that one working. Now
I'm able to ping and telnet over the tunnel, but not ssh even when the
port is answering on telnet. Neither does nfs traffic work even though
mount did. Suspecting MTU issue. I did notice that ovn-controller starts
too early, before network interfaces are established and hence can't
reach the db. As these is a purely OVS/OVN issue I'll ask about it on
their mailing list.

Getting back to the original issue with Ovirt, I've now added the second
host h1 to ovirt-engine. Had to do the same as with h2 to create a dummy
ovirtmgmt network but configured access via the public IP. My firewall
settings was replaced with iptables config and vdsm.conf was overwritten
when engine was set up, so those had to be manually restored. It would
be preferable if it would be possible to configure ovirt-engine that it
does not "own" the host and instead comply with the settings it has
instead of enforcing it's own view..

Apart from that it seems the second host works, although I need to
resolve the traffic issue over the OVS tunnel.
/Sverker