[ovirt-users] Modifying the main /ovirt-engine/ landing page -- add link to CA Cert?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jan 4 16:17:32 UTC 2017

On Wed, January 4, 2017 11:00 am, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:

>> Thanks, Didi.  I've read through this page and it provides lots of
>> goodness if I wanted to add new tabs to the portal, but I can't find any
>> hints how I would change the page that's seen when someone first
>> connects to the /ovirt-engine/ page when they first connect to ovirt.
>
> Perhaps you were looking for this one:
>
> https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/ux/branding/

AHA!!  There's a section there called "Welcome Page" which pointed me to
/usr/share/ovirt-engine/branding/ovirt.brand/welcome_page.template which
seems to be exactly what I want to edit!

Looks like I need to rewrite that in place, but that's okay.  I'm sure it
will get overwritten every update but I'll note to fix it then too.

I would never have considered this "branding"..  :)  And of course google
never brought me to that link.  I'm sure in 20/20 hindsight I would have
better search terms for "modify ovirt welcome page" that would've worked.

Thank you.

> Best,
> --
> Didi

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745