[ovirt-users] Modifying the main /ovirt-engine/ landing page -- add link to CA Cert?

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 07:04:00 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 6:17 PM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:

> On Wed, January 4, 2017 11:00 am, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
>
>>> Thanks, Didi.  I've read through this page and it provides lots of
>>> goodness if I wanted to add new tabs to the portal, but I can't find any
>>> hints how I would change the page that's seen when someone first
>>> connects to the /ovirt-engine/ page when they first connect to ovirt.
>>
>> Perhaps you were looking for this one:
>>
>> https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/ux/branding/
>
> AHA!!  There's a section there called "Welcome Page" which pointed me to
> /usr/share/ovirt-engine/branding/ovirt.brand/welcome_page.template which
> seems to be exactly what I want to edit!
>
> Looks like I need to rewrite that in place, but that's okay.  I'm sure it
> will get overwritten every update but I'll note to fix it then too.

Please check also BRANDING.adoc from the engine source tree [1].
You should be able to add your own directory wherever you want and link
to it from /etc/ovirt-engine/branding with a higher number, and it will
override the default. You can try either copying only what you want or
all of the existing directory.

Best,

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=blob;f=BRANDING.adoc

--