[ovirt-users] VM Import from Admin GUI: "VM <vmname> has MAC address(es) <mac address>, which is/are out ouf its MAC pool definitions"

Beckman, Daniel Daniel.Beckman at ingramcontent.com
Wed Jan 4 16:25:55 UTC 2017

I recently completed a VM import from a standard KVM host (Centos 7 based) to oVirt 4.0.5. The import completed fine and the VM runs and operates as expected. But I got the error cited in subject. Here’s the complete unedited error:

VM thays-puppet-svr has MAC address(es) 52:54:00:ce:2b:7d, which is/are out ouf its MAC pool definitions.

Note that is a direct copy and paste – and note the misspelling for “of” as “ouf”.

Will running this VM with a MAC address falling outside of the pool lead to problems?