[ovirt-users] The feature everyone was asking for is finally here...

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 13:54:14 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:
> FYI,
>
> After many requests from multiple developers and testers, the oVirt CI added
> a new simple job that lets you run the full fledged end-to-end oVirt system
> tests with a click of a button.
> You can read all the details and how-to in the new oVirt blog [1].
>
> We wanted to allow running oVirt system tests on EVERY open patch from ANY
> oVirt project, without relaying on complex building code inside the job.
> Luckily we just added the 'build-on-demand' so together with it you can
> build any rpms you'd like and use them to run the manual job.
>
> So the 2 steps you'll need to do are:
>
> Write 'ci please build' inside a comment on an open oVirt patch ( make sure
> the feature is enabled for that project first, its already available for
> ovirt-engine,vdsm,dashboard and vdsm-jsonrpc-java)

There is no feedback that ci has started the build.

It would be nice to see "build queued" when the ci detected the
request and queue
the job.

> Run the manual OST job for the version you'd like to test with the URLs you
> got from #1
>
> You'll get and email once the job is done and you can browse the results and
> check for logs from engine and the hosts.
>
> Please feel free to ask questions on infra at ovirt.org as usual.
>

> [1] https://www.ovirt.org/blog/2017/01/ovirt-system-tests-to-the-rescue/

I followed the instructions, and with some guessing it seems to work.

in the "build with parameters" dialog, I added the url to the job:
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_build-artifacts-on-demand-el7-x86_64/20/

The build seems to be ok, but I don't see anywhere the basic information
about this build:

1. vdsm version
2. engine version

After several minutes I could find host vdsm logs with the vdsm version:
vdsm 4.20.0-158.git6f78efa.el7.centos

Can we add this info at the top of the build log, and to the build results?

Thanks for adding this infrastructure!

Nir