[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine does no detect GlobalMaintenaceMode set from other host 4.0.4- > 4.0.5

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 18:52:49 UTC 2017

Hi Guys,

Why updating my hosted-engine from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 I have set my
cluster into GlobalMaintenaceMode from HE host 1 where the engine was
running on HE host 4.

All hosts reported a GlobalMaintenaceMode on --vm-status but the
hosted-engine didn't want to upgrade because it didn't see this
GlobalMaintenaceMode.

After setting --set-maintenance --mode=global on HE host 4 the
hosted-engine saw the GlobalMaintenanceMode and the upgrade went
further.

Is this a bug maybe ?

Regards,

Matt