[ovirt-users] Modifying the main /ovirt-engine/ landing page -- add link to CA Cert?

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 21:00:12 UTC 2017

On Thursday, January 5, 2017 9:04:00 AM EST Yedidyah Bar David wrote:

> >> Perhaps you were looking for this one:
> >>
> >> https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/ux/branding/
> >
> > AHA!!  There's a section there called "Welcome Page" which pointed me to
> > /usr/share/ovirt-engine/branding/ovirt.brand/welcome_page.template which
> > seems to be exactly what I want to edit!
> >
> > Looks like I need to rewrite that in place, but that's okay.  I'm sure it
> > will get overwritten every update but I'll note to fix it then too.
>
> Please check also BRANDING.adoc from the engine source tree [1].
> You should be able to add your own directory wherever you want and link
> to it from /etc/ovirt-engine/branding with a higher number, and it will
> override the default. You can try either copying only what you want or
> all of the existing directory.

Yes you can make 01-mystuff.brand and in there put a specific template and
properties file. In the properties file you can specify if you want to append
or completely overwrite the welcome page. If you just want to add a link, I
would suggest appending instead of overwriting.

If you need more detailed instructions let me know. I am very familiar with
that piece of code (since I wrote it).