[ovirt-users] Backups take sooo long, how can I improve the situation, where is the bottleneck?

Arman Khalatyan arm2arm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 07:53:18 UTC 2017

Hi Florian,
Did you check the IO  load on the SPM host during the backup? If you have
1Gbit network then the maximum theoretical  IO is restricted to 100MB/s .
So if you get 20GB raw preallocated disk then a single disk backup will be
about: 20/0.08/3600 hours x 3times~10mins: .08 is 20% overhead,3time for
the clone-export-deletesnap process.
Vdsm has also restriction on the migration process to avoid the network
saturation. Check the Cluster properties: this is available for the 4.0
capable clusters. or set the migration_max_bandwidth in vdsm.conf on the
hosts.