[ovirt-users] Backups take sooo long, how can I improve the situation, where is the bottleneck?

Ernest Beinrohr Ernest.Beinrohr at axonpro.sk
Mon Jan 9 07:06:21 UTC 2017

On 05.01.2017 18:26, Florian Nolden wrote:
> Hallo everyone,
>
> I would like to update my Ovirt installation but, before that I would
> like to create proper VM backups. Currently I try to automate the
> backups and I use the implementation of the following project.
> https://github.com/wefixit-AT/oVirtBackup

The problem is that ovirt does not support exporting from a snapshot.
Because of that, the data is copied twice, first for the VM and then for
export. you can wait for ovirt to support direct export. Or hack it like
I have, and export the data yourself directly from the SPM via lvm.
--
Ernest Beinrohr, AXON PRO
Ing <http://www.beinrohr.sk/ing.php>, RHCE