[ovirt-users] unable to start VMs after upgrade

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Mon Jan 9 02:41:17 UTC 2017

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 18:15:27 -0800 Jim wrote:
JK> Just to be clear, the "proper" procedure for rebooting a host in oVirt is
JK> to put it in maintence mode, ssh to the node, issue the reboot, then after
JK> confirming its back up, right click on the node in the web UI and select
JK> "confirm node reboot", then take it out of maintence mode?

I think the 'confirm node reboot' step can be stepped if you put it into
maintenance before rebooting. I think it's needed when a host which was
running VMs gets hung and you need to force a reboot. Confirming the reboot
lets the engine know that those VMs are no longer running on that node. But
it certainly won't do any harm to do it anyways.

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons