[ovirt-users] Can't connect to my VMs' consoles using any method

summit hainey s.hainey at protonmail.ch
Tue Jan 10 17:50:12 UTC 2017

Okay, so I'm just a bit desperate here. I've spent hours trying to troubleshoot this issue hunting through every link and page I could find on it, but nothing.

I have oVirt setup on a machine, everything seems to be working, I can make VMs and they seem to be running properly, however I cannot connect to a VM's console.

I have tried the SPICE HTML5 client, and I get an error: "WebSocket error: Can't connect to websocket on URL [snip] [object Event]"
So I tried giving noVNC a go, but noDice: "Server disconnected (code: 1006)"

What I found on those errors is that maybe it's a cert issue, even though I've allowed the certs in both Firefox and Chromium browsers and it's worked in neither.

So I tried doing the native client, but remote-viewer gives me "Could not connect to [IP address]: No route to host"
This, so far, has been the closest I've gotten to some kind of hint as to what's going on. The error doesn't really make sense to me since I can ping both the FQDN and the IP address of the server just fine. I figured maybe it could be a firewall issue, but no, firwalld's been configured fine, I figured maybe it could be an issue with SELinux, but setting it to permissive doesn't change anything either.

I tried checking the VDSM log, but didn't see anything that looked relevant either.

I am really at a complete loss here. I'm working on a freshly installed CentOS 7 machine with the latest version of oVirt.