[ovirt-users] Can't connect to my VMs' consoles using any method

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Tue Jan 10 19:06:58 UTC 2017

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 12:50:12 -0500 summit wrote:
SH> I have tried the SPICE HTML5 client, and I get an error: "WebSocket
SH> error: Can't connect to websocket on URL [snip] [object Event]" So I
SH> tried giving noVNC a go, but noDice: "Server disconnected (code: 1006)"
SH>
SH> What I found on those errors is that maybe it's a cert issue, even
SH> though I've allowed the certs in both Firefox and Chromium browsers and
SH> it's worked in neither.
SH>
SH> So I tried doing the native client, but remote-viewer gives me "Could
SH> not connect to [IP address]: No route to host"

Unless you've set up the engine as a proxy, wherever you're connecting from
must be able to reach the network that the hosts are on.

When I ran into this, I set my browser to save the .vv files instead of
running the remote-viewer client directly, and then I could look at the
contents of the .vv file to see which IP address it was trying to connect
to. I ended up creating a VPN tunnel from my laptop to a gateway machine
that could reach my internal ovirtmgmt network.

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons