[ovirt-users] Ovirt 4.0.6 fail to set boottype for ovirtmgmt interface

TranceWorldLogic . tranceworldlogic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 11:28:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was trying to add host in ovirt 4.0.6 using my cluster mark as OVS.
In 4.0.5, it was able to setup ovirtmgmt interface but in 4.0.6 it fail to
setup interface.

I tried debugging this and found that vdsm generated ifcfg for ovirtmgmt
not have boottype as dhcp.
And hence it fail to bring host in up state,

Here I want to know:
Q> How can I ask configure ovirt-engine or vdsm to add boottype in
ovirtmgmt interface.

In my testing I found a strange behaviour as mention below:
1> In my multiple trial I tried setting ovs property for ovirtmgmt network
and then I tried adding host.
2> I observe that VDSM was able to add ovirtmgmt in OVS but this behaviour
I observed only once.
Q> Please, can someone help me to understand this OVS behaviour, it will
help me to setup everything on OVS? OR
[ In other word, How to setup ovirtmgmt interface on host on OVS bridge ? ]

Thanks,
~Rohit