[ovirt-users] Storage Domain sizing

Marina Kalinin mkalinin at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 17:33:58 UTC 2017

Hi Christian,

Indeed, lvm adds some overhead when scanning the domains, so there is a
limit around 300 lvs per domain, where each snapshot of each disk counts as
a new lv.
On the other hand, having too many domains can also affect on overall
performance required for oVirt to manage all of them.
I suggest, if you have 7 now and they work fine - try sticking to them.
Or, reduce to 3 or 5 and monitor your performance.
Also, afaik, there should be a lot of performance improvements coming in
the new release, so try 4.1 and see.
I hope this helps.

Marina.

Thanks,