[ovirt-users] oVIRT / GlusterFS / Data (HA)

Devin Acosta devin at pabstatencio.com
Tue Jan 24 22:56:03 UTC 2017

I have created an oVIRT 4.0.6 Cluster, it has 2 Compute nodes, and 3
Dedicated Gluster nodes. The Gluster nodes are configured correctly and
they have the replica set to 3. I'm trying to figure out when I go to
attach the Data (Master) domain to the oVIRT manager what is the best
method to do so in the configuration?  I initially set the mount point to
be like: gluster01-int:/data, then set in the mount options
"backup-volfile-servers=gluster02-int:/data,gluster03-int:/data", so I
understand that will choose another host if the 1st one is down but if i
was to reboot the 1st Gluster node would that provide HA for my Data
domain?

I also configured ctdb with a floating-ip address that floats between all 3
Gluster nodes, and I am wondering if I should be pointing the mount to that
VIP? What is the best solution with dealing with Gluster and keeping your
mount HA?

--

Devin Acosta
Red Hat Certified Architect, LinuxStack