[ovirt-users] Problem while adding a VM NIC via REST API

Bruno Rodriguez bruno at pic.es
Fri Jun 2 13:56:32 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I have some scripts that create VMs, which are in perl using libcurl and
oVirt REST API. They work quite fine but I'm experiencing something unusual.

After I create the machine (let's suppose it's called server.pic.es) with
UUID 123abc I post the following REST API call to https://...
/vms/123abc/nics

                <nic>
                <name>server.pic.es_nic1</name>
                <interface>virtio</interface>
                </nic>

The NIC is created and attached to the VM but it's network field is empty,
not in the VLANXXX. I don't know if I'm missing something but this worked
flawlessly with 3.6.9 REST API.

Some people could say: "it's because you're using Perl". Yup, that's
probably a mental issue of mine and I should visit a doctor about using it,
but it doesn't work even using a fancy REST browser extension to send
requests (ARC for chromium), anyways the REST reply is a "201: Created"
that looks OK...

Any idea or suggestion will be welcome. Thanks in advance!

--
Bruno Rodríguez Rodríguez

*Port d'Informació Científica (PIC)*
Campus UAB - Edificio D,
C / Albareda, s / n
08193-Bellaterra (Barcelona), España
Telf. +34 93 170 27 30
GPS  coordenadas:  41.500850 2.110628

"Si algo me ha enseñado el tetris, es que los errores se acumulan y los
triunfos desaparecen"