[ovirt-users] Export VM to ova or ovf format

Brett Holcomb biholcomb at l1049h.com
Fri Jun 2 16:29:30 UTC 2017

Thanks.  I had hoped the ova/ovf spec was good enough that it worked
both ways.  I was originally running ESXi 6 on this hardware and then
moved to oVirt 3.6.  I did that by moving all the ESXi stuff to VMware
Workstation and running it there.  Once oVirt replaced ESXi I then
exported from workstation and imported successfully to oVirt so it
worked that way but VMware has no real interest in making other stuff
importable to them.

I did find out I can run ESXi in a VMware Workstation instance so if
push comes to shove I can do that and do the VMware P2V to ESXi and then to
Workstation.